How to change instagram password: Instagram is one of the most popular social networks among young people and adults. Like Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram and Twitter, Instagram has the possibility of having the session open on another smartphone or on a computer. If you have simultaneously left several sessions open, all notifications will immediately reach the different devices that have your account started.
In view of this, in this tutorial you will see how to change instagram password on all devices and even individually, either in your personal account or an external one for promotions, business, sales or advertising with entertainment content. In this way you will be able to maintain the security of your account, at the same time that you will protect your content from other people who should not have access. Also Check- How to Delete Snapchat Account
How to Change Password on Instagram
As mentioned above, you can have your session open both on the computer and your Android or iOS Smartphone. Therefore, you will also have the option to log out of Instagram on all devices or on the computer you select. You just have to observe the procedures that will be described in the following sections.
How to Change Instagram Password on Android
Instagram has its own application for both Android phones (from the Google Play Store) and iOS (available from the App Store). If you have the app downloaded on your Smartphone, you just have to follow the steps that will be detailed below to start closing all sessions:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines that appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Press “Settings”.
- Enter “Security”.
- Press “Login Activity.”
- Select the login that you left open on another device. Then choose the three horizontal dots that appear at the end.
- Choose “Sign out”. At the end of this action, you will see that Instagram will show you a message indicating that the session has been properly closed. If you are not the one who has done this process, it is convenient that you change the password of your account.
- It should be noted that with this same procedure you will be able to identify if someone else has accessed your account without your consent. In “Login activity” you will see the phone brand, the date, and the exact place where they have logged in with your profile.
How to Change Instagram Password on PC
In case you do not have access to the phone, you can start to close Instagram sessions on various devices from the computer. It is a simple procedure in which you only have to enter the platform and follow the steps that will be explained below:
- Enter Instagram through this link. Login and press the circle of your profile.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Login Activity.”
- Choose that login that you have not done and click on it. Now, click “Close session”.
How to Change Password on Instagram Log Out of Another Additional Account
Thanks to constant updates from Instagram, it is now possible to add two or more Instagram accounts in the same application. Regardless of whether those alternate accounts are yours or someone else’s, you can log out of them as follows:
- Press and hold the circle of your Instagram profile until the accounts that you have linked appear. Enter the account you want to log out of.
- Click on the three horizontal lines.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Swipe and tap “Exit (username).”
- Select “Exit.” That way you will be able to close the session of that specific account without affecting the activity of the other account that you have added.
If you want to carry out this procedure from the computer, look at the following route: “Press your profile icon> Choose” Change account “> Choose the account> Press the profile icon> Close session”.
Instagram Change Password to Log Out
Another way to log out of Instagram is by changing your account password. In this way you will be able to automatically cancel all synchronizations since the new password must be entered to confirm that, indeed, you want to keep the session open on a certain computer. You can change the Instagram password from your Android or iOS phone, as follows:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Press the three horizontal lines.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Press “Security”.
- Press “Password”.
- Enter your current password and the new password. Repeat the new password to confirm it.
If you want to change the Instagram password from your computer to log out of other devices, just follow the following path: “Login> Profile icon> Settings> Change password”.
Two-Step Authentication for Change Instagram Password
Instagram authentication allows you to be notified directly when you try to log in on another device. But not satisfied with it, it will also send you a verification code to the personal phone number you have added. If you disable two-step authentication, you won’t have to enter a security code when you log in. Having clarified these points, observe the steps you must follow to activate this option:
- Enter your profile and press the three vertical lines.
- Press “Settings”.
- Go to “Security”.
- Press “Two-Step Authentication.”
- Press “Start”.
- Choose the authentication you want to activate: notifications by text messages to the number you specify or by an authentication application.
- Add your phone number or download the app on your phone.
- You will receive a 6-digit code that you must enter to set up two-step authentication.
You can also activate this notification from your computer, through the following path: “Profile icon> Settings> Privacy and security> Edit two-step authentication settings> Use text message> Enter your phone number> Enter the code confirmation that you will receive by text message”.
Enable Notifications For Unrecognized Sessions
Instagram has the option to enable a notification every time you enter a different device than the one you commonly use. That is, if you enter from another Smartphone, the application will send you a direct notification to your main phone in order to prevent them from stealing your identity or accessing your account without your authorization. To activate unrecognized logins on Instagram follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and press the three horizontal lines.
- Select “Settings.”
- Go to “Notifications”.
- Choose “From Instagram”.
- Swipe and look for the option “Unrecognized logins”, click on “Activated”. In this way, Instagram will notify you when you access on a different device than the one you usually use.
All the information that you handle in your Instagram account is vulnerable and can be used by computer hackers for criminal purposes. Therefore, to avoid identity theft, it is necessary to close your Instagram session on all devices that you do not recognize or that, by oblivion, you have left open. In this way you will efficiently maintain the privacy and security of your account.